Describe how magnetic flux can change
- Magnetic flux is the amount of magnetic field passing through an area (A) perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field (B).
- The flux passing through the area is denoted by ф
- ф varies by how the area is oriented to the magnetic field lines.
- The “direction” of the area is considered as the direction perpendicular to it.
- Hence if the magnetic field lines are passing perpendicularly through the area A, it is actually in the same direction as the area
Extract from Physics Stage 6 Syllabus © 2017 NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)