Inquiry question: How are diseases transmitted?
Describe a variety of infectious diseases caused by pathogens, including microorganisms, macroorganisms and non-cellular pathogens, and collect primary and secondary-sourced data and information relating to disease transmission, including: (ACSBL097, ACSBL098, ACSBL116, ACSBL117)
- classifying different pathogens that cause disease in plants and animals (ACSBL117)
- investigating the transmission of a disease during an epidemic
- design and conduct a practical investigation relating to the microbial testing of water or food samples
- investigate modes of transmission of infectious diseases, including direct contact, indirect contact and vector transmission
- Koch’s postulates
- Pasteur’s experiments on microbial contamination
- plant diseases
- animal diseases
Extract from HSC Biology Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2017 Board of Studies NSW.