What Actions Are Needed To Address Australia’s Health Priorities?
Students learn about:
- Health promotion based on the five action areas of the Ottawa Charter
Students learn to:
- Argue the benefits of health promotion based on:
- Individuals, communities and governments working in partnership
- The five action areas of the Ottawa Charter
- Investigate the principles of social justice and the responsibilities of individuals, communities and governments under the action areas
of the Ottawa Charter
- Critically analyse the importance of the five action areas of the Ottawa Charter through a study of TWO health promotion initiatives related to Australia’s health priorities
Extract from PDHPE Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2009 Board of Studies NSW.