How does training affect performance?
Students learn about:
- Energy systems
- Types of training and training methods
- Principles of training
- Physiological adaptations in response to training
Students learn to:
- Analyse each energy system by exploring:
- Source of fuel
- Efficiency of ATP production
- Duration that the system can operate
- Cause of fatigue
- By-products of energy production
- Process and rate of recovery
- Assess the relevance of the types of training and training methods for a variety of sports by asking questions such as:
- Which types of training are best suited to different sports?
- Which training method(s) would be most appropriate? Why?
- How would this training affect performance?
- Analyse how the principles of training can be applied to both aerobic and resistance training
- Examine the relationship between the principles of training, physiological adaptations and improved performance
Extract from PDHPE Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2009 Board of Studies NSW.