Students learn about:
- energy systems
- types of training and training methods
- principles of training
- physiological adaptations in response to training
Students learn to:
- analyse each energy system by exploring:
- source of fuel
- efficiency of ATP production
- duration that the system can operate
- cause of fatigue
- by-products of energy production
- process and rate of recovery
- assess the relevance of the types of training and training methods for a variety of sports by asking questions such as:
- which types of training are best suited to different sports?
- which training method(s) would be most appropriate? Why?
- how would this training affect performance?
- analyse how the principles of training can be applied to both aerobic and resistance training
- examine the relationship between the principles of training, physiological adaptations and improved performance
Extract from PDHPE Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2009 Board of Studies NSW.