Students learn about:
- rehabilitation procedures
- return to play
Students learn to:
- examine and justify rehabilitation procedures used for a range of specific injuries, eg hamstring tear, shoulder dislocation
- research and evaluate skill and other physical tests that could be used to indicate readiness to return to play
- critically examine policies and procedures that regulate the timing of return to play, considering questions such as:
- why aren’t such policies applied to all sports?
- who should have ultimate responsibility for deciding if an athlete returns to competition?
- should athletes be allowed to use painkillers in order to compete when injured?
Extract from PDHPE Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2009 Board of Studies NSW.