Inquiry question: How can models that are used to explain projectile motion be used to analyse and make predictions?
● Analyse the motion of projectiles by resolving the motion into horizontal and vertical components, making the following assumptions:
– A constant vertical acceleration due to gravity
– Zero air resistance
● Apply the modelling of projectile motion to quantitatively derive the relationships between the following variables:
– Initial velocity
– Launch angle
– Maximum height
– Time of flight
– Final velocity
– Launch height
– Horizontal range of the projectile (ACSPH099)
● Conduct a practical investigation to collect primary data in order to validate the relationships derived above.
● Solve problems, create models and make quantitative predictions by applying the equations of motion relationships for uniformly accelerated and constant rectilinear motion
Extract from Physics Stage 6 Syllabus © 2017 NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)