Conduct a practical investigation to collect primary data in order to validate the relationships derived
- Create a projectile launcher
- Launch a projectile at different angles and record the maximum height for every launch angle.
- take multiple readings at every launch angle to get avoid random error
- Plot a graph of maximum height vs sine of launch angle
- It should give a parabolic graph.
- Similarly launch projectiles by changing one of the variables and record the dependant variable
- Run multiple trials and plot the graph to verify the relationship
Extract from Physics Stage 6 Syllabus © 2017 NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)