- internal sources of finance – retained profits
- external sources of finance – debt – short-term borrowing (overdraft, commercial bills, factoring), long-term borrowing (mortgage, debentures, unsecured notes, leasing) – equity – ordinary shares (new issues, rights issues, placements, share purchase plans), private equity
- financial institutions – banks, investment banks, finance companies, superannuation funds, life insurance companies, unit trusts and the Australian Securities Exchange
- influence of government – Australian Securities and Investments Commission, company taxation
- global market influences – economic outlook, availability of funds, interest rates
Extract from Business Studies Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2010 Board of Studies NSW.