Actions Targeting Health Issues Relevant to Young People
- Social action
- Legislation and public policy
- Health promotion initiatives
- Implementation of programs related to youth health, both mental and physical.
- Promoting support groups and discussion groups for free discussion on topics that are otherwise treated in the society as taboo in some communities.
- Health services should be designed targeted for young people, intervention and development programs can also be launched.
Legislation and Public Policy
- The Australian Government has implemented a number of policies for promoting and protecting the health of young Australians.
- Examples include:
- Age bans on alcohol and tobacco consumption
- Age bans on sexual activity
- Zero blood alcohol limits
Health Promotion Initiatives
- Can be both government and private.
- Should include a range of campaigns and awareness programs tackling a variety of small and big health implications.