What Role Do Preventative Actions Play in Enhancing The Wellbeing Of The Athlete?
Students learn about:
- Physical preparation
- Sports policy and the sports environment
- Environmental considerations
- Taping and bandaging
Students learn to:
- Analyse different sports in order to determine priority preventative strategies and how adequate preparation may prevent injuries
- Critically analyse sports policies, rules and equipment to determine the degree to which they promote safe participation, eg heat rules, rugby union scrum rules
- Evaluate strategies an athlete could employ to support the body’s temperature regulation mechanisms
- Analyse the impact of climatic conditions on safe sports participation
- Demonstrate taping and bandaging techniques, including taping the ankle, wrist and thumb
- Evaluate the role taping plays in both the prevention and treatment of injury.
Extract from PDHPE Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2009 Board of Studies NSW.