Students learn about:
- ways to classify sports injuries
- soft tissue injuries
- hard tissue injuries
- assessment of injuries
Students learn to:
- identify specific examples of injuries that reflect each of the classifications
- manage soft tissue injuries:
- RICER (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, Referral)
- immediate treatment of skin injuries
- manage hard tissue injuries
- assessment for medical attention
- perform assessment procedures to determine the nature and extent of injury in simulated scenarios.
Extract from PDHPE Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2009 Board of Studies NSW.