What Ethical Issues Are Related To Improving Performance?
Students learn about:
- Use of drugs
- Use of technology
Students learn to:
- Justify the reasons drugs are considered to be unethical and carry a range of risks for the athlete
- Argue issues related to drug testing such as:
- At what level of competition should drug testing be introduced?
- Which drugs should be tested for?
- What are the pros and cons of drug testing?
- What should be the consequences of drug use?
- Describe how technology has been used to improve performance
- Argue ethical issues related to technology use in sport such as:
- Has technology gone too far?
- Has access to technology created unfair competition?
Extract from PDHPE Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2009 Board of Studies NSW.