Students learn about:
- use of drugs
- use of technology
Students learn to:
- justify the reasons drugs are considered to be unethical and carry a range of risks for the athlete
- argue issues related to drug testing such as:
- at what level of competition should drug testing be introduced?
- which drugs should be tested for?
- what are the pros and cons of drug testing?
- what should be the consequences of drug use?
- describe how technology has been used to improve performance
- argue ethical issues related to technology use in sport such as:
- has technology gone too far?
- has access to technology created unfair competition?
Extract from PDHPE Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2009 Board of Studies NSW.