Contextual Outline - Students learn to:
Examine contemporary business issues to:
- discuss the balance between cost and quality in operations strategy
- examine the impact of globalisation on operations strategy
- identify the breadth of government policies that affect operations management
- explain why corporate social responsibility is a key concern in operations management.
Investigate aspects of business using hypothetical situations and actual business case studies to:
- describe the features of operations management for businesses in a tertiary industry
- assess the relationship between operations and the other key business functions in two actual businesses
- explain how operations strategy can help a business sustain its competitive advantage
- recommend possible operations strategies for one hypothetical business.
Extract from Business Studies Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2010 Board of Studies NSW.