How Do Athletes Train For Improved Performance?
Students learn about:
- Strength training
- Aerobic training
- Anaerobic training (power and speed)
- Flexibility training
- Skill training
Students learn to:
- Analyse TWO of the training types by drawing on current and reliable sources of information to:
- Examine the types of training methods and how they best suit specific performance requirements
- Design a training program
- Describe how training adaptations can be measured and monitored
- Identify safe and potentially harmful training procedures
Extract from PDHPE Stage 6 Syllabus. © 2009 Board of Studies NSW.